Ba Na Hills is located 42km west of Da Nang city center. Most people go there from Da Nang, but it’s also possible to get there from Hoi An directly. There is currently no public transportation like bus and train to Ba Na Hills.
No matter which option you pick, the travel time is going to be 1-1.5 hours each way from Danang or 1,5 – 2 hours from Hoian
Your 9 options to get there are:
Bus from Da Nang to the Ba Na Hills
There are currently no public buses from Da Nang to the Ba Na Hills. However, ‘Da Nang Green’ offers the option of travelling via a 16 seater mini-bus. This comes with additional benefits including, a pick-up and drop-off service at your hotel, a free bottle of water and all children under 1-metre tall travel completely free. The return bus journey costs 130,000 VND (5.60 USD) per person.
Booking this mini-bus is relatively straightforward and can be done through their website or their WhatsApp. Due to other travellers also travelling on the bus, there is no flexibility on timings. The pick-up time is normally between 7:45 a.m. and 8:15 a.m., arriving at Ba Na Hills for approximately 9 a.m. The return bus does not leave Ba Na Hills until 4.30 p.m. allowing plenty of time to explore all the attractions, beauty and adventure it has to offer.
Da Nang Green Travel
– Address: 376 Nguyen Tri Phuong
– Price: Adult 130,000 VND (5.60 USD), Child (under 1 metre tall) Free
– Duration: approximately 1-hour one-way
Booking: Book via their website
Night Combo Shuttle Bus
If you are interested in a slightly different experience of Ba Na Hills, the night combo ticket may be just the thing for you. Introduced in July 2019, the Ba Na night combo costs just 600,000 VND (26 USD) per person for adults and 425,000 VND (18 USD) for children. This deal not only includes a free roundtrip shuttle bus from Da Nang centre (making the journey a whole lot simpler!), but also the admission for the cable car rides, a buffet and one litre of beer or one beverage at the Beer Plaza.
Enjoy Visiting the Ba Na Hills with Fewer Crowds
But the only catch is that this deal only offers entry between the hours of 4.p.m to 10.p.m, which limits the amount of time for experiencing the Ba Na Hills. But if you would enjoy visiting Ba Na Hills at a time that is much more slow-paced, with fewer crowds and smaller queues this could be the best travel option for you.
Note: If you stand on the peak of Ba Na Hills after sunset, you get a magical view of Da Nang city lit up below.
The shuttle bus departs from Asia Park in Da Nang city centre at 3.p.m and 3.30.p.m. The drop off point is located outside Ba Na Hills city gate, where the return shuttle bus departs at both 9.30.p.m and 10.30.p.m. All you need to do is to reserve a seat on the shuttle bus and pay for the night combo ticket when you arrive at Ba Na Hills.
Reserve by phone or email (+84) 905766777 firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: There are currently only two bus schedule times for the return journey. Make sure you are on time or you will have to arrange your own transportation back to Da Nang
Taxi/Grab from Da Nang to the Ba Na Hills
If you are looking for the most convenient way of travelling to the Ba Na Hills, consider hiring a taxi. A great option, especially if you decide to spontaneously take the trip or are waiting on the weather. We understand the frustration of sometimes wanting to get somewhere as quickly as possible, without set pick-up times and itineraries. Whilst Da Nang taxis are almost always reliable and taxi scams are rare, there are a few things to be aware of before making the journey by taxi.
Despite taxis being readily available in Da Nang, especially around hotels or tourist attractions, we advise not to hail a taxi on the street. By doing this, it is likely to increase the cost of your journey significantly. To avoid this negotiate a flat rate before departure or there are plenty of other ways to hire a taxi. If you are staying in a hotel or hostel, ask reception to call one for you. Alternatively, you can call them yourself. The main taxi company used in Da Nang is Mai Linh (+84 2363 356 5656).
Note: Remember to arrange a return journey. Not doing so could leave you in the sticky situation of being overcharged by a local taxi, especially being located in a somewhat isolated tourist hotspot.
- You can ask your hotel to call you a taxi from either Da Nang or Hoi An. You can call one yourself if you speak Vietnamese, but it will be difficult if you don’t. Some guests never tried hailing a taxi off the street to go to Ba Na Hills, it may be possible but they doubt it
- To avoid getting scammed by your taxi driver (which is rampant in Vietnam), ask your hotel to call either Mai Linh taxi or Vinasun taxi. They are both national taxi companies and are very reputable. If you use other taxi companies you’re running the risk of racking up extremely high charges on the meters
- This bit is important: If you’re going to Ba Na hills for a day trip, the usual practice is to ask the driver to wait for you there and you pay for the round trip. Ba Na Hills is very remote, and every taxi I’ve seen there were waiting for someone; I believe it’ll be very difficult to just hail a taxi from there to get back to Da Nang or Hoi An after you’re done, so be sure to tell your hotel to get tell the taxi company that you need your car to wait for you
Cost: round trip taxi fare from Da Nang is 450,000-500,000 VND ($21-$24USD), including waiting time. Round trip fare from Hoi An is about double, at 800,000-900,000 VND ($36-$40 USD), including waiting time
- You can also use Grab app, which is the Uber of Southeast Asia. With Grab, the fare is 375,000 VND ($17 USD) each way from/to Da Nang, and 750,000 VND ($33USD) each way from/to Hoi An. If you want to be super local, you can also use the Grab Bike option, which is a motorbike taxi service. The fare will be significantly cheaper, at just 100,000 VND ($4.5USD) each way from/to Da Nang, and 180,000 VND ($8USD) each way from/to Hoi An. With Grab, your drive will unlikely to wait for you there, but don’t worry you will be able to find a car to take you back
Vinasun taxi : Phone +842363 68 68 68. Website vinasuntaxi.com
Malinh Taxi Group : Phone +84 1055. Website mailinh.vnTaxi Mai Linh or Vina Sun
Make sure you set your destination right. If you want to take the cable car, which is an attraction in itself (as it holds the Guinness World Record for world’s longest cable car), you need to have the taxi drop you off at the cable car base station, located here. Otherwise you can set your destination to the main entrance on top of the hill (here)
Mobile ride hailing apps such as FastGo and Grab often offer cheaper prices and can be hired wherever you are located, at a time that suits you. A FastGo or Grab 4-seater car costs on average between 400,000 VND to 500,000 VND (15 to 17 USD) one-way. You can also rent a FastGo or Grab bike which are considerably cheaper. All you need to do is download the FastGo or Grab app to your phone and start using it as soon as you wish to book a ride.
Hiring a Private Car from Da Nang to Ba Na Hills
If you don’t want the stress of booking or waiting around for taxis or buses, then hiring a private car to get from Da Nang to Ba Na Hills may be just what you are looking for. Very similar to renting a taxi but considerably less expensive. A private car offers the convenience of picking up and dropping you off right outside your hotel. It also allows you the flexibility to decide how long you wish to spend in Ba Na Hills. So there’s no frustration trying to sort a ride back as your driver will either be waiting for you in the carpark or will have arranged a time to pick you up.
Renting a private car comes with additional comfort, convenience and flexibility benefits. This often also extends to a bottle of water for the journey, aircon and help purchasing tickets on arrival at the Ba Na Hills. In Vietnam, renting a private car is exceptionally cheap, especially when travelling with a much larger group where the price can be split. However, depending on the company you choose to book with, the prices vary. Renting a private car from Da Nang to the Ba Na Hills should take approximately 45 minutes to one hour. One company that offers this service is:
Da Nang Transfer Travel & Transport Co.,LTD
– Price: Adult 780,000 VND (34 USD) return trip for maximum 3 people including driver waiting time at Ba Na Hills. (For SUV : 920,000VND, For The Van : 1.250.000VND)
– Duration: Approximately 45 minutes
– Booking: Here
– Whatsapp/ Hotline : +(84)0905442279
Da Nang to the Ba Na Hills by Motorbike
With Ba Na Hills only 25km from Da Nang, driving their by motorbike is an easy option. The roads are generally well maintained, especially as you make the final approach to Ba Na, and there is free motorbike parking close to the ticket office. The roads leaving Da Nang city centre are busy at any time of day with bikes, busses and trucks so this would not be an easy ride for a novice.
The route from Da Nang to Ba Na Hills is fairly simple. Starting from My Khe Beach you follow Vo Van Kiet street inland across the Dragon Bridge. When you reach Da Nang Airport, turn right onto Nguyen Tri Phuong and then left onto Dien Bien Phu. From here you will be able to follow signs to Ba Na Hills as you continue West on Ton Duc Thang, Hoang Van Thai and finally Ba Na Soui Mo.
Note: On arrival at Sun World Ba Na Hills, staff direct you to parking depending upon your vehicle. Motorbikes are guided to free sheltered parking only minutes from the ticket office.
Hiring a bike in Vietnam is mostly straightforward, with most rental companies extremely helpful in terms of assisting in getting started. In order to ensure you get the most out of your biking journey, Danang Transfer recommends going with a reputable rental company, which often offer a 24/7 helpline, quality bikes and parts and on-road repair costs cover. If you need some more information on riding or hiring a bike in Vietnam
Tigit Motorbike Rental – Da Nang Location
– Adress: 113 Lê Văn Duyệt, Nại Hiên Đông, Sơn Trà, Đà Nẵng
– Direct Phone number : +84914317939
Easy Rider Tour from Da Nang to the Ba Na Hills
Want the thrill of travelling by motorbike from Da Nang to Ba Na Hills but would like to avoid planning routes? Then an easy rider tour is a great option. You’ll have your very own personal tour guide who doubles up as a motorbike driver! You can join either on their bike or follow on your own. In other words you getthe buzz which only two-wheeled driving offers without the stress of navigation.
If you would like a guided tour with an added sense of thrill then consider Mr Quang’s Easy Rider Tour. This tour will not only take you to Ba Na Hills but also to surrounding minority villages, museums and other points of interest. All whilst enjoying the stunning scenery which can only be enjoyed when travelling by motorbike.
Mr Quang Easy Rider
– Address: 14 Nguyễn Thị Thập, Thanh Khê Tây, Thanh Khê, Đà Nẵng
– Price: Passenger on Easy Rider Bike 1,150,000 VND (50 USD), Following the Easy Rider Guide with rental, helmet and gas 1,840,000 VND (80 USD)
– Duration: 8.a.m to 5.p.m
– Booking: Via their email
Group Tour from Da Nang to the Ba Na Hills
Ba Na Hills has a great tourist infrastructure, with multilingual maps, signposts and helpful staff. However, if you would rather have a pre-planned itinerary with food and tickets included then a guided tour may be best for you. There are multiple tour companies throughout Da Nang. There are also plenty of travel agents who also provide tours so you have plenty of options. Most tours will provide similar itineraries with stops at notable popular areas. Entry tickets, pick up and drop off and lunch are all inclusive of most prices. Prices start at around 1,150,000 VND (50 USD) per person. We thinks Klook.com offer good value tours with great reviews to match. However there are other companies offering similar great tours.
Noted: Speak to your Hotel reception for advice on booking a tour to Ba Na Hills, some have special offers for their guests.
Klook.com’s tour includes a stop at the Golden Bridge and the Linh Ung Pagoda. Here you can see the iconic 27 metre Buddha statue. Then a visit to Debay Wine Cellar for some Vietnamese wine tasting. Following thsi there’s time to explore the Ba Na Hills Fantasy Park. Along with visiting the attractions at Ba Na Hills you also get a Vietnamese lunch buffet, entrance tickets and both pick up and drop off from your hotel in Da Nang.
(not recommended due to cost and limited pick up locations)
This option is only available if you’re staying overnight with Mercure on Ba Na Hills. In fact, Mercure is the only hotel at Ba Na Hills so you really don’t have much of a choice when it comes to accommodation
- Also, it only picks up from and drop offs to Da Nang Airport. It does not pick up from Hoi An, but it can drop you off in Hoi An
- Keep in mind that the vast majority of visitors to Ba Na Hills do day trips, so the place really dies down overnight. Hotel guests will still be able to walk around the park at night, but most of the businesses are closed and the place is quite deserted. Anyway, if you are an overnight guest at Mercure, you can ask them about their pick up and drop off services from/to Da Nang and Hoi An
Cost – it’s very expensive
- Da Nang Airport to Ba Na Hills (1 way): 520,000 VND ($23USD) for a 5-seater car and 750,000 VND ($33USD) for a 12-seater car
- Da Nang Airport to Ba Na Hills (round trip): 950,000 VND ($41USD) for a 5-seater and 1,350,000 VND ($59USD) for a 12-seater
- Ba Na Hills to Hoi An (1 way): 1,105,000 VND ($48USD) for a 5-seater and 1,300,000 VND ($56USD) for a 12-seater
- Ba Na Hills to Hoi An (round trip, meaning back to Ba Na Hills): 1,790,000 VND ($77USD) for a 5-seater and 2,080,000 VND ($90USD) for a 12-seater
How to book: once you’ve made your room reservation with Mercure, you can contact them directly to get the current price and make your booking. They recommend that you reserve at least 24 hours in advance
Danang Transfer’s Thoughts
Due to the huge popularity of the Ba Na Hills, there are plenty of different transport options available from Da Nang. They cover all needs and budgets. From riding along the coast and through mountainous national parks to guided tours with wine tasting and buffet lunches. So whatever sort of journey you are looking for, it is available.
If you are part of a larger group getting a private car is likely to be worthwhile in terms of cost and time. Especially when hotel pick up and drop off is also included. Solo travellers can easily make use of the shuttle bus service or a guided tour (whether that is by bike or bus!) Each coming with its own unique perks. If you do not have time to book ahead getting a FastGo or Grab are reasonably priced options and almost instantly available.
I highly recommend this option because it can be very cheap if you use the shared shuttle option. If you use the private transfer option, then cost is better than taxis, but everything is prearranged online so you get the peace of mind knowing you have a professional driver waiting for you
Pick up and drop off is usually from/to your hotel in Da Nang or Hoi An. So it’s extremely convenient
There are lots of services like this. The best places to book them are through:
- Danang Transfers ( https://danangtransfer.vn/en/): As locals we want your first impression of Vietnam to be a great one. Our excellent airport transfer services, private cars transfer from your hotel and small group tours, private car will allow you to have an enjoyable and worry free trip!
- Viator (https://www.viator.com): an American website owned by Tripadvisor that sells local tours and transportation services across the world. Go to the site and search for “Ba Na Hills”, and filter for transportation services but the prices also be higher than local transfer companies
- Or if you just Google “Ba Na hills private car transfers“, you will see other options
Take a quick look with our Private Transport Service here:
- Private car from Danang to Golden Bridge – Bana hills
- Private car from Hoian to Golden Bridge – Bana hills
Costs: cost will vary depending on the provider but here are the average costs
Private transfers: $15USD one-way or $25USD round-trip from Da Nang. $30USD one-way or $45USD round-trip from Hoi An ( per sedan 4 seats car )
Shared shuttle services: $7USD one-way or $14USD round trip from both Da Nang and Hoi An
Payment : Easy payment in cash – No deposit, our driver will collect your money when you arrival in your hotel and end the trip or credit card through the website. Once you book, you will get an confirmation of your booking, and the provider will get in touch with you to confirm pick up details
Danang Transfer strongly recommends that you make sure you use a reputable company to get to the Ba Na Hills. If you are unsure we are more than happy to assist, just get in touch! Ba Na Hills is more than worth making the journey for. So if you have the time whilst in Da Nang, make sure you get there.